Buy Twp Stain Direct Online!!!
TWP 200 Series
|205 california cedar
||206 russet brown
||210 slate gray
We offer a discount on orders over 25 gallons on TWP 200 on all of the colors. TWP 200 SERIES can be shipped to all 48 states, PLUS Canada. TWP® is a high solids, heavy duty, penetrating system specifically designed to extend the service life of shakes and shingles. The primary function is to enhance the structural integrity and appearance of aged roofing. The finish composition will minimize grain cracking, cupping, surface erosion, water absorption and surface attack from mildew and algae. Although the system is highly penetrative, the residual surface film is highly resistant to destructive organisms. The penetrative portion of the product absorbs into aged and porous wood, adding bulk to aged and brittle wood fiber. This restores lubricity and flexibility to brittle shingles. At 94%+ solids, these products comply with all current federal and state VOC (volatile organic compounds) regulations. Coverage rate 100-250 square feet per gallon | Mineral spirit cleanup | Dry time is 24 hours | try to apply above 50 degrees
TWP 200 series stain is a one-coat, translucent exterior wood finish created for use on a wide variety of surfaces. The easy-to-use finish has excellent UV protection and allows beautiful wood clarity. It is recommended for cedar shake roofs. This product can be shipped to all 48 states using UPS common ground.
- TWP 200 Wood Finish offers a non-film forming, high-quality, translucent finish for a variety of exterior wood shake roofs and fences. This easy to use, one-coat formula incorporates finely ground transparent iron oxide pigments that provide a rich, natural color.
- TWP 200 Coverage Rate
• Coverage areas per coat for TWP 200 as follows:
• On rough and surfaces including fences, 100-200 sq. ft./gallon.
• On weathered cedar shake roofs, 100-250 sq ft./gallon.
• Actual coverage may vary depending on the type, age and texture of the wood and application method. Use lower side of coverage if product is being sprayed.
One coat, non-film forming, translucent wood finish.
Siding, Siding Shakes and Shingles, Fences, Logs, Log homes, and decks
One Coat Application, Easy Maintenance, UV Protection, Water Repellent
- TWP 200 is oil based and Paint thinner, mineral spirits, or turpentine cleanup
- TWP 200 series dry time
• Drying Time – 24 to 48 hours minimum at 68°F. At temperatures below 48º F or conditions of high humidity the drying time will be extended.
• TWP 200 dries to touch in approximately 24 hours in above 70°F conditions.
• Low temperature, high humidity, thick films or poor ventilation will increase these times. Avoid heavy abrasions immediately following application.
- TWP 200 application methods
• Brushing is the preferred method of application, using a natural bristle brush such as the Wooster 4″ Bravo stain brush. Click here for brushes recommended ,
• Proluxe Stain can be sprayed with a pump sprayer and then back brushed with natural bristle brush. Click here for pump sprayers
• Airless sprayer using a .011″-.015″ tip at 1200 psi, then back brushed.
• Product can be applied using a paint pad or roller cover for larger areas or large deck floors. Click here for pad applicators
- TWP 200 Preparation Instructions
• All wood surfaces must be thoroughly clean, dry and free of dirt, grease, grime, mildew, mill glaze and previous coatings before applying TWP Wood Finish.
- Cleaning Recommendations:
1. Spray the surrounding area that you are working on with water.
2. Gemini Restore A Deck or Woodrich deck cleaner is recommend to help remove mill glaze, weathering grey of wood, an previous coatings. Do not allow solution to dry on the wood surface.
4. Pressure wash cleaning solution from the wood with plenty of clean fresh water using 1500 psi with the nozzle 8 inches from the surface for full effectiveness of the cleaning and to prevent damage to the wood.
5. Allow the surface to dry for at least 36-48 hours.
6. Sand all cleaned wood using 80-120 grit sandpaper for vertical surfaces and 60-80 grit sandpaper for horizontal surfaces. Always sand in the direction of the wood grain and remove sanding dust.
7. TWP 200 Total wood preservative should be applied within 1-2 weeks of preparation for horizontal surfaces (decks) and 3-4 weeks for vertical surfaces (siding), provided that the surface remains free of dirt, grease, grim and mildew.
- Shelf Life of TWP 200 series stain
- We have seen unopened containers last up to 5 -6 years. Excessive shaking and mixing of the product will be required. We recommend any left over material from a 5 gallon container be stored in a gallon or quart can to reduce the amount of air. This will prolong the shelf life of opened stain.
CLICK HERE FOR BROCHURE